- All Hammersmith & Fulham School of Gymnastics participants must abide by the following Policies. By enrolling to the club you are agreeing that you have read and understood the Club Policies.
- Gymnastic activities have an inherent risk of injury and although the club will endeavour to minimize any risk, accidents may still happen. It is important that all members abide by the safety rules at all times. Breach of the Club Policies may result in termination of your membership to Hammersmith & Fulham School of Gymnastics.
- All gymnasts (excluding Tumble Tots and Adult Gymnasts) must wear a H&F School of Gymnastics Leotard for girls or Leotard and Shorts for boys . These can be purchased on our Shop page.
- Please note that for safety reasons, all jewellery and body piercings are strictly forbidden and cannot be worn during gymnastics.
This is a British Gymnastics requirement and your British Gymnastics Insurance will be invalid if this is not adhered to. Earrings or any other piercings can be taped if they have just been pierced, but for no longer than 3 months. After this period they must be taken out.
- Gymnasts must wear appropriate clothing. No clothes with anything dangling from it or long frills/skirts attached. No skirts, anything with zips, bands on either wrist or ankles, belts or jeans. This protects the gymnast, coach and the equipment.
- Any bands that are worn for religious reasons can stay on but will be taped.
- Long hair must be tied back as it can be hazardous. Please try to remember a hair band.
- Hammersmith & Fulham School of Gymnastics accept no responsibility for any property left anywhere on site.
Monthly fees are billed on the 24th of each month for the next month and take 5 working days to clear by Direct Debit (e.g. 24th January for February sessions) . Payments are collected by GoCardless Direct Debit (via our online membership portal, LoveAdmin.com). Sessions are refundable up to 14 days after the initial enrolment email is sent, (minus any sessions attended and transaction fees). Thereafter sessions are non-refundable.
Fees are paid monthly and are based on 45 weeks of sessions per year, (we are closed for 1 week at Easter, 4 weeks in August and 2 weeks at Christmas). This is divided over 11 monthly payments, with no payment collected for the month of August.
If joining part way through a month, the remaining sessions that month are calculated pro-rata.
To cancel your membership and monthly fees, you must contact us to cancel your Direct Debit before the 24th of the month for the payment not to be collected for the following month. If this is date is missed, the payment will be collected for the following month and no refund will be given.
British Gymnastics Insurance
- Hammersmith & Fulham School of Gymnastics is proud to be a part of our National Governing Body: British Gymnastics. It is compulsory for all coaches and gymnasts to be a member of British Gymnastics, which covers members with accident insurance, alongside all of the benefits of being part of a BG registered club. The membership runs yearly and is an annual fee, due at the start of October.
- All gymnasts must be a member of British Gymnastics and H&F School of Gymnastics to take part. Please click the following link to register with British Gymnastics.
Club Membership Fee
There is a £40 annual membership fee for Hammersmith & Fulham School of Gymnastics which includes administrative costs and card transaction fees. For new members joining part way through the year, the fee is reduced pro -rata. See below pro rata schedule:
Joining January-March: £40
Joining April-June: £30
Joining July-September: £20
Joining October-December: £10
Late Payment Fee
- Late payment fee of £10 will automatically be applied to your account if a payment deadline is missed. This covers the increased administration involved with chasing any late payments.
- Classes will not be carried over or exchanged for any other class time or day for any reason.
- Fees are reduced pro-rata for members starting part way through a billing period.
- Members who choose to cancel their sessions will be considered as leaving the club and their membership will be terminated. Any previous member rejoining the club at any time will be required to repay club membership due from that date in order to restart their membership.
A refund will NOT be given for:
Occasional classes missed.
Any injuries occurred whilst outside the gym.
Deciding to leave after the 14 day cooling off period from initial enrolment email.
Classes that have to be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, fire evacuation, possible terrorist/bomb threat, or any other extreme unforeseeable circumstances.
Cancellation on or after the 24th of the month for the following month's fees.
- If fees are outstanding, the gymnast will not be permitted entry to the gymnastics hall until any outstanding amount is settled.
- If a gymnast's British Gymnastics Insurance has lapsed, or the gymnast does not have it they will not be permitted to enter the gymnastics hall.
- Warm up is very important, try to be on time. If you are more than 15 minutes late you wont be allowed to join in the session.
- Please be on time to collect your child, if you have arranged for someone else to pick up the child inform the coach. We will not let children leave with other people who are not on registration forms or if we have not been informed.
- Parent/Carers must be present at the entrance to collect your child/children. Please do not wait in your car as we will not let them go until we see you. This is for their safety.
- If any child under the age of 16 is travelling home alone we must have written confirmation.
- Any parent/guardian caught being rude to any member of staff or any coach will mean expulsion of their child/children from the club.
- Inform the coach at the start of a session if gymnasts are feeling ill, have a previous injury or if any medical conditions have changed.
- Gymnasts must not go on the equipment without supervision of the coach.
- Gymnasts that do not listen, behave in an inappropriate manner, who may be a danger to them selves and/or to others and will be asked to sit out for the rest of the session. This is for the safety of other club members and the coaches.
- Bullying is not tolerated. Any member who is found to be bullying will be suspended from the club.